Have you ever thought about why are ‘sneakers’ called ‘sneakers?
Well, the truth is that back in the day when shoes were made with rubber soles, they had solid bottoms and were quite loud when walking. Sneakers got their name because when the user walked they wouldn’t make a sound, making it easy to ‘sneak’ around.
This awesome infographic presents everything from the first pair of sneakers to the most expensive sneakers ever sold. 101 Sneakers You Need To Know About takes you through decades and shows you key iconic sneakers and what year they were released. The list includes some of the most iconic sneakers such as:
– Nike Air Yeezy 2 Red October which sold on eBay for $16,300,000.
– Nike Waffle tread sole was inspired by a waffle iron mold.
– In 1977, Nike Air Tailwind air pocket inside the sole was created by aerospace technology specialist Frank Rudy.
– Nike Air Max 90 was the first sneaker to show the air cushioning.
– Reebok Shaqnosis was worn by Will Smith in the movie Men In Black.
Check out the infographic below and make sure you don’t miss out the beautiful interactive version here.
An infographic by The Idle Man.